SEBRING, Fla. (June 25, 2020) — A limited number of local fans will be permitted to attend the Cadillac Grand Prix of Sebring July 17-18 at Sebring International Raceway. Tickets will go on sale July 1 at noon and will be available at www.sebringraceway.com.
Following state and local protocols, Floridians may purchase a one-day spectator ticket for the Midway (no charge for car parking), or a two-day RV parking pass for Green Park or Hendricks Field. RV packages will be limited to six guests. Children 15 and under will be admitted free with a paying adult.
Spectator tickets are $40 per person and RV packages start at $230.
As part of IMSA‘s return to racing plan for the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the Cadillac Grand Prix of Sebring will follow the WeatherTech 240 At Daytona on July 4, which will restart the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season after its suspension in March.
The rescheduled Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts remains on the schedule for Nov. 11-14 at Sebring International Raceway.
“Due to incredible and unforeseen circumstances, Florida‘s greatest sports car fans get an opportunity to see two IMSA WeatherTech Championship sprint races in July — the Cadillac Grand Prix at Sebring on July 18 just two weeks after Daytona reopens the IMSA season,” said Wayne Estes, president and general manager of the Raceway. “These events will be for true race fans, not necessarily those who are attracted to the social aspects that helped make Sebring famous. Attendees will be expected to demonstrate to government officials that they can watch a sporting event responsibly so that opportunities may be expanded in the future.”
All fans, competitors and essential personnel will be cleared through medical screening daily as they enter the facility, and everyone will be required to wear face coverings and maintain appropriate distance between groups throughout the venue. Staggered entry times will be assigned at time of purchase and printed on tickets. No screenings will be available between 9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday; gates will be closed during those hours. Pass-outs will not be available during this event. RVs with up to six occupants may enter Friday at the assigned entry time. All other spectators will be admitted Saturday at their assigned entry time.
More than eleven hours of on-track activity is scheduled for the two-day fan event, including races for the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge series on Friday at 2:30 p.m., the IMSA Prototype Challenge Series staring at 11:50 a.m. on Saturday and the Cadillac Grand Prix of Sebring for the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship at 5:40 p.m. Saturday.
Fans will be required to maintain distance from other spectators not in their immediate group throughout much of the 400-acre facility, including the Midway, Green Park and Hendricks Field Park. The Alan Jay Paddock, including pit road, and the East Paddock will be accessible only to essential personnel and competitors.
A full list of policies and procedures for the Cadillac Grand Prix of Sebring is attached and available at www.sebringraceway.com.
Highlighted procedures unique to this event include:
- Guests must wear face coverings when entering Raceway property and anytime a guest is in contact with anyone other than the maximum of six (6) members of the guest‘s party.
- All ticket and RV parking must be purchased in advance through sebringraceway.com
- No tickets or parking will be sold at the gate
- To avoid large gatherings of personnel or spectators, entry will be staggered with specific times printed on entry tickets and RV passes.
- All RVs with up to six passengers, each of whom must be present at the time of entry, will be permitted to enter the Raceway on Friday, July 17 and must exit by noon Sunday, July 1
- Guests arriving separately from RVs will not be permitted to enter the RV parking area.
- RVs arriving after 9 p.m. on Friday, July 17 will not be permitted to enter the Raceway until after gates reopen on Saturday, July 18
- All RVs will be required to park in Green Park and Hendricks Field Park (Flagpole area)
- Entry for guests not arriving with an RV will be permitted to enter Saturday, July 18 with specific entry times printed on tickets
- All ticketed guests arriving Saturday, July 18 will be permitted to park throughout The Midway while maintaining distance from other vehicles
- Pass outs will not be issued. Guests should bring provisions including food and other supplies for their convenience throughout their time on Raceway property
Event Schedule (Subject to change):
Friday, July 17
9:25-10:10 a.m. Practice No. 1 — Prototype Challenge
10:25-11 a.m. Qualifying — Michelin Pilot Challenge
1-1:30 p.m. Practice No. 22 — Prototype Challenge
2:30-4:30 p.m. Race — Michelin Pilot Challenge
5-5:15 p.m. Qualifying — Prototype Challenge
6-7 p.m. Practice No. 1 — WeatherTech Sportscar Championship
Saturday, July 18, 2020
10-11:15 a.m. Practice No. 2 — WeatherTech Championship
11:50 a.m.-1:35 p.m. Race — Prototype Challenge
1:55-3 p.m. Qualifying — WeatherTech Championship
5:40-8:20 p.m. Race — Cadillac Grand Prix of Sebring